|Date and place of Birth||10 April 1968, Podu Turcului, Romania|
|Phone||Office: + 40-21-402-4964
GSM: + 40-721-485426
|Education||2002-2004 Post-doc. in Data
Mining, Turku Center for Computer Science (TUCS), Åbo Akademi
“Adaptive Forecasting with ANN Retraining Technique”
2000 Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Polytechnic
University of Bucharest (UPB), Romania
1993 M.Sc. in Electronics, Polytechnic University of
|Positions Held||2008 to present: Associate Professor, Polytechnic University of
2004 to 2008: Lecturer (Senior Assist. Prof.), Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania
2001 to 2002: Lecturer (Senior Assist. Prof.), Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania
1996 to 2001: Assistant Professor, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania
1994 to 1996: Preparatory Professor, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania
1993 to 1994: Design-engineer, Railway Signalling & Automation
Enterprise, Design Department, Bucharest
1993: Co-operator - engineer, Aviation Research Institute, Board
Devices Department, Bucharest
|Professional Training||November 2001 to February 2002: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg,
- Neural networks applications in medicine
July to August 1999: University of Paisley, Scotland
June to July 1998: Institute Nationale
Politechnique de Grenoble, France
April to July 1997: Institute Nationale
Politechnique de Grenoble, France
|Referee / Evaluation Activities||- Computers & Geosciences, Elsevier, 2014
- Revue roumaine des sciences techniques, Romanian Academy, 2013
- Neural Computing and Applications, Springer, 2012
- Computational Economics (CSEM), Springer, 2012
- Journal of Applied Operational Research, 2010 - 2012
- International Conference on Applied Operational Research (ICAOR), 2010-2012
- Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 2010
- UPB Scientific Bulletin, Series C: Electrical Engineering, 2005-2011
- Journal of Applied Operational Research, 2010
- 15th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), 2007
- CNCSIS Grant Competition, Romania, 2005-2006
- Seventh International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (ISIS), 2006
- IEEE International Conference on Soft Computing Applications (SOFA), 2005
- Journal of Decision Support Systems, 2003
- Assessor for Romanian Quality Award "J. M. Juran", 2001
|Visiting Professor/ Researcher||- 18 – 22 November 2013: Invited Professor for
presenting the short course “Data Forecasting with Artificial Intelligence”
at the Åbo Akademi University, Finland.
- December 2011: Invited Researcher at the University of Turku, Finland
- 1 July – 31 August 2011: Invited Researcher at the Oxford Centre for Theoretical Neuroscience and Artificial Intelligence (within the Oxford University Department of Experimental Psychology), University of Oxford, UK
- February 2011 (also on October-November 2007 and March-April 2005): Guest lecturer in the Seminar of Macroeconomic Modelling, Institute of Economic Forecasting, Romanian Academy.
- September 2010: Invited Professor at the Mälardalen University (MDH), Sweden, Lecture on Artificial Intelligence.
- August 2010: Invited Professor at the Institute for Advanced Management Systems Research (IAMSR), Åbo Akademi University, Finland, during the Doctoral Consortium (August, 23-24 2010) with the topic Risk assessment in financial planning, real option valuation and multiple criteria decision-making (MCDM), Lecture on Neural Networks and Optimization.
- May 2010: Invited Specialist at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the Renal Research Institute, New York, Lectures concerning Artificial Neural Networks Applications in Medicine.
- June 2009 (also on June 2006): Invited Professor at the University of Angers (ISTIA), Lectures on data forecasting for non-stationary time series and data mining, France.
- November 2004, September - December 2003 and September - October 2002: Guest lecturer in the course of Intelligent System in Business, Institute for Advanced Management System Research, Åbo Akademi University, Finland.
- March - April 2004 and March - April 2003: Guest lecturer in the course of Matlab Programming, Turku Centre for Computer Science, Finland.
|Core Competence||Artificial Intelligence - Neural Networks
- computer programming and algorithms, data forecasting, pattern recognition, function identification and optimisations
|Professional Activities||Teaching Activities:
- Course of Intelligent Systems in Business (at Åbo Akademi, Finland, 2002-2004)
- Course and laboratory of Matlab Programming (at Åbo Akademi, Finland, 2002-2004, and Polytechnic University of Bucharest – UPB, 2007-present)
- Course of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems (at UPB, 2009-present)
- Course and laboratory of Programming Languages (at UPB, 1997-present)
- Course and laboratory of Data Structures and Algorithms (at UPB, 2004-present)
- Course and laboratory of Advanced Programming Techniques (at UPB, 1997-2002)
- Laboratory of Computer Architecture (at UPB, 1994-2000)
A. Experience of team leadership and project management:
B. Involved as participant in several European projects such as:
C. Involved as a team member in other 9 (national) research projects
|Member of the Editorial Boards||- Journal of Applied Operational Research, since
- Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, since 2008
|Awards||- The highest award for best abstract at 11th
International Conference in Dialysis - Advances in CKD January 28-30, 2009,
Caesars Palace, Las Vegas.
- Winner (third prize) of the International Competition on Artificial Intelligence EUNITE 2003 (European Network of Excellence on Intelligent Technologies for Smart Adaptive System). The topic of the competition: Prediction of product quality in glass manufacturing process (the best solution in conformity with the variance of all five output errors)
|Other||- Member of IEEE: